FreeNAS 188.8.131.52 Now Available
Well, we said 184.108.40.206 would be the last in the 9.2.1.x series, but CVE-2014-3560 (a possible remote Samba exploit) forced us to change those plans!
While we were at it, we also added a few small performance improvements and brought over a small feature from 9.3, namely the ability to do replication on a direct link without encryption, potentially speeding up replication anywhere from 3-4X (especially over 10GbE). This is generally most useful when doing initial replication to a backup box, while they are co-located together, after which normal encryption can be used in sending the deltas.
Appended are the release notes for 220.127.116.11. We encourage all existing 9.2.1.x users to upgrade. Thanks!
– The FreeNAS Development Team
- Samba updated to 4.1.11. This addresses http://www.samba.org/samba/
- Increase performance of Directory Copy from CIFS
- Add support for the None Cipher in SSH. This can be used to improve replication performance at the expense of sending your data over the wire in cleartext. (Think private 10Gbe interlink)
- Resolve issue with vlan interface locking that could cause a kernel panic when creating a number of VLAN interfaces.
- Add support for compressing replication jobs with lz4