FreeNAS 9.1.1-RELEASE

Written by James T. Nixon III on .

The FreeNAS development team is delighted to announce the general release of FreeNAS 9.1.1. This release offers small, but significant, improvements to FreeNAS 9.1.0!

A number of cosmetic issues, UI tracebacks and outright bugs (such as 32 bit plugins not working) have been addressed since 9.1 was released. A few features that were known to be broken, such as AIO in Samba3 or IPv6 in plugin jails, were also disabled to avoid people shooting their feet off.

Finally, a number of important ZFS stability fixes were also picked up from the TrueOS repo during the creation of 9.1.1-RELEASE.

Thank you for all your participation and assistance during the 9.1.1 BETA and Release Candidate process. This release benefited significantly from your suggestions and bug reports!

For a list of all bugs closed between FreeNAS 9.1.0 and FreeNAS 9.1.1, please see http://bit.ly/16cANlo

FreeNAS 9.1.1-RELEASE can be downloaded from http://www.freenas.org/download.html as well as from CDN and SourceForge.

Enjoy!
Your Friendly FreeNAS Development Team

Trackback from your site.

Comments (9)

• jeanepaul

ill be using freeNAS for the first time!

• Pintapiva

Ok! It’s good news for us! Let’s see for changes…

• gabi

cool :-) ))

• Tommy

I can’t wait for an infiniband release :)

• linuxiac38

I install the BSD and GNU/Linux FOSS OSes on about 250 computers a year, since 1997.

Being retired USAF, I work for Free to help all families, students, schools, charities, churches, and even businesses and government,
    in repairs to equipment, in network design, and in computing efficiency!

My servers hold the ISOs to boot/install over the network, in PXE. That saves me a huge amount of time!

Thank you, freeNAS Team, for your work that makes my work more efficient!

• Edy

Hi, I have an 17 and rampage 2 extreme laying around and wanted to build a nas server. Does FreeNas support it?

• Scansterz

I love FREENAS. However I tried upgrading via GUI and it still is 9.1.0… I have no clue as to why, it rebooted and everything seems fine. Any advice?

• Alex

What happened to the nightlies? Looks like they stopped in early October and I can’t find any posting that explains whether development stopped or whether there is just a temporary problem. Anyone?

• Lordjea

Hi, when I try to start the snmp service won’t start, and when I try to do it by CLI:
    service snmpd start
    Starting snmpd.
    Shared object “libperl.so” not found, required by “snmpd”
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/snmpd: WARNING: failed to start snmpd

It could be a bug?