The FreeNAS development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of FreeNAS 8.2.0-RELEASE.
FreeNAS 8.2.0-RELEASE is the first release on new branch of code that incorporates tighter integration between the ZFS command line and the FreeNAS GUI. This release also features the ability to run arbitrary services and interact with them through the FreeNAS GUI in a FreeBSD jail. This jail allows a wide range of third party software to be run on top of FreeNAS, using the PBI format from PC-BSD or FreeBSD packages or ports, as well as official FreeNAS plugins.
Additional features include:
- Support for iSCSI target reload.
- GUI support for SAS and FC multipath hardware.
- Webshell accessible from the FreeNAS web interface.
- ZFS scrubs are configurable from the GUI.
- A newer web toolkit is used in the GUI, enabling use of mobile browsers.
- An autotuning script tunes ZFS for the hardware it’s running on.
For 64 bit capable hardware
The FreeNAS images are at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.2.0/RELEASE/x64/
The plugins and plugin jail are available at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.2.0/RELEASE/x64/plugins
For 32 bit hardware
The FreeNAS images are at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.2.0/RELEASE/x86/
The plugins and plugin jail are available at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.2.0/RELEASE/x86/plugins
http://doc.freenas.org has been updated with the finished 8.2.0 documentation, A PDF/HTML version will be available Tuesday July 24th.