Happy Cyber Monday!
We’ve rounded up a list of hardware and tech components you may find useful to check out. Cyber Monday is a great day to grab some hard drives, replacement components, or new hardware for your next FreeNAS build and we hope you find this guidance helpful.
The FreeNAS Team
10% off FreeNAS Mini/Mini XL
- FreeNAS Mini (Diskless)
- FreeNAS Mini (4TB)
- FreeNAS Mini (8TB)
- FreeNAS Mini (12TB)
- FreeNAS Mini (16TB)
- FreeNAS Mini (24TB)
FreeNAS Mini XL
- FreeNAS Mini – Memory Upgrade – 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz ECC Unbuffered
- FreeNAS Mini Write Cache (ZIL) Upgrade
- FreeNAS Mini Read Cache (L2ARC) Upgrade
FreeNAS requires at least 8GB of RAM to take advantage of all the great features offered by ZFS. We also strongly recommend using ECC RAM to help prevent errors.
- Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4-2133 MT/S (PC4-2133) CL15 dual ranked x4based ECC Registered Server Memory
- Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L-1600MT/s (PC3-12800) DR x8 ECC UDIMM Server Memory
Your data is only as good as your hard drives. Disk failures can and do happen so make sure you have enough redundancy and a spare drive to swap in.
- WD Red 3TB NAS HDD – 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
- Seagate 4TB NAS HDD SATA 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive
- WD Red 2TB NAS HDD – 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
- Seagate 8TB NAS HDD SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 256 MB Cache Bare Drive
- Seagate 10TB IronWolf Pro 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch NAS HDD
- Seagate 8TB Ironwolf NAS SATA 6GB/s NCQ 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare/OEM HD
Solid State Drives
By leveraging a read/write cache to optimize memory, you can achieve a significant performance boost for your storage.
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
- Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
- Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) SSD
The motherboard lies at the heart of your FreeNAS system. Choose reliable hardware to keep your data safe and online.
- Supermicro Motherboard Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 X11SSL-CF-O
- Supermicro X10SL7-F uATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard
Upgrade your networking hardware for more bandwidth & faster access to your files.
- NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router
- TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch
- TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit PoE Web Managed Easy Smart Switch with 4-PoE Ports
Whether you’re building a new system or planning your next one, get some ideas from this list of computer cases.
- Supermicro 300W Mini Tower Server Chassis, Black
- Fractal Design Node 804 No Power Supply MicroATX Cube Case FD-CA-NODE-804-BL
An energy-efficient power supply can save you money on electricity and reduce cooling costs over time.
- SeaSonic 650-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply SSR-650RM
- SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply SSR-550RM
- Seasonic 650W 80 PLUS Titanium ATX12V Power Supply with Active PFC F3 (SSR-650TD)
These portable drives are great for everything from installing FreeNAS to storing and transferring files on an easy-to-carry device.
- Corsair Flash Voyager Slider X1 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Corsair Flash Voyager Slider X1 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Corsair Flash Voyager Slider X1 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Watch your favorite TV shows or movies from the Plex plugin on a bigger, brighter screen.
- Samsung S24E310HL 23.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
- Samsung 21.5-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (S22E310H)
- Dell UltraSharp U2414H 23.8” Inch Screen LED Monitor
A miscellaneous collection of useful tech gadgets
- New 500 ft bulk Cat5e Ethernet Cable / Wire UTP Pull Box 500ft Cat-5e Grey ~ VIVO (CABLE-V002)
- Jackery Giant+ Premium 12,000 mAh Dual USB Portable Battery Charger & External Battery Pack with Panasonic Battery Cells and Aluminum Shell
- APEVIA AF312S-BL 120mm 4pin+3pin Silent Blue Case Fan Without LED Lights (3-pk)
- Rosewill 45 Piece Premium Computer Tool Kit RTK-045
- UbiGear Cable Tester +Crimp Crimper +100 RJ45 CAT5 CAT5e Connector Plug Network Tool Kits (Crimper315)
Thanks for reading! We hope you found these links useful to check out and think about as you come up with your next FreeNAS build.